The following organizations can be helpful in seeking professional assistance for the diagnosis and treatment of vaginismus. In particular, there are a growing number of women’s health physical therapists who specialize in pelvic floor issues (including vaginismus).
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- The Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (UK)
- American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT)
- The American Congress of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (ACOG)
- Psychotherapy & Counselling Federation of Australia
- Relate (UK)
- Do you recommend working with treatment professionals such as physicians, gynecologists, physical therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, counselors, sexual therapists or others?
- As a vaginismus treatment professional, how does the vaginismus.com program help my patients?
- Why is it so difficult to get diagnostic and treatment help for vaginismus?