Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you need to know about vaginismus and Vaginismus.com. Click on a category below to learn more.
- What is vaginismus?
- How do I know if I have vaginismus?
- What is the difference between primary and secondary vaginismus?
- Are there varying degrees of symptoms with vaginismus?
- Will vaginismus go away on its own?
- How many women have vaginismus?
- Could vaginismus just be in my head?
- Is it possible that my vagina is just too small?
- Could my hymen be causing my problem?
- What if I’ve had pleasurable intercourse before and now it hurts?
- How does vaginismus affect husbands/partners?
- What is dyspareunia and it’s connection to vaginismus?
- I can’t seem to have orgasms. Could this be related to vaginismus?
- How successful is vaginismus treatment?
- How long does treatment take?
- Will sex ever feel good?
- Is there support beyond the treatment program?
- Why is it so difficult to get a diagnosis for vaginismus?
- Can drugs, vitamins, or surgery cure vaginismus?
- Is treatment different for primary and secondary vaginismus?
- Should I stop trying to have intercourse during treatment?
- I’ve suffered from vaginismus for over 10 years. Is it too late to start treatment?
- Does the self-help approach only work for mild cases of vaginismus? Will it work for severe cases as well?
- Do you recommend working with treatment professionals?
- Can vaginismus re-occur once it’s successfully treated?
- My husband is having erection problems. Any advice?
- Can you fully overcome vaginismus if you are single?
- How can men help their wives/partners with vaginismus?
- How can I stay motivated/positive through treatment?
- Vaginismus has taken its toll on our marriage. How do we become passionate again?
- As a treatment professional, how does your program help my patients?
- I can’t even look at myself “down there” and I feel queasy just considering penetration. How can I make it through treatment?
- What are the dilators made of?
- Will my health insurance cover the cost of buying dilators?
- Why are vaginal dilators used in treating vaginismus?
- Can I use dilators without a program?
- Can the dilators be used to treat other conditions besides vaginismus?
- If my hymen is still intact, will using the dilators break it and will this hurt?
- What types of vaginal dilators are best for treating vaginismus and similar conditions?
- I can’t have intercourse and my biological clock is ticking. Any advice?
- Should we consider adopting if our time is running out?
- Will vaginismus cause complications or impede vaginal delivery of a baby?
- Can childbirth cause vaginismus? Can it be prevented?
- Can natural childbirth help relieve vaginismus by stretching the vaginal opening?
- If I’m unable to have OB/GYN exams, how can I get through all my pregnancy exams and doctor visits?
Customer Service FAQs
Spread the Word – Downloadable Brochures
Looking for an easy way to educate and/or share information on vaginismus or vaginal dilators? These brochures present information in a compact and concise format and are perfect to:
– Provide to women in your clinic
– Give to your physician or other health professional
– Share with a friend or loved one
Download and print a brochure today. (For larger quantities of brochures, please contact us.)